Lighting the Miami Valley for more than 100 years
The Dayton Electric Lighting Company began providing electric street lighting services to Dayton, Ohio in 1883. This was the origin of the proud and storied history of the Dayton Power and Light Company (now AES Ohio), founded in 1911. As the electric utility company, AES Ohio continued to offer outdoor lighting solutions for customers through much of the 20th century.
In 1985, Miami Valley Lighting was established as a separate company affiliated with AES Ohio to provide street and outdoor lighting services to customers in the Dayton region.